PTP supports professional athletes
PTP is here to help you move smarter and perform better. Which is why Australias National Teams partner with us for products to assist with their
- Strength and Conditioning
- Speed and Agility Training
- Flexibility and Mobility
- Recovery and Rest
We want to remind you how important warm up and post training/workout routines are. These can make the difference between agony whilst walking up or down stairs (overdone it with your quads!) or ab pain when you laugh or cough because you’ve really worked with deep crunches.
Rugby Australias Head of Athletic Performance - National Pathways, Brendan Whelan says “with any High Performance program we require high quality products and PTP definitely fit the brief. Their products are the best available. The major benefit of working with PTP is that they are innovative and listen to the needs of their customers. Our players love their extensive range of products which fit their individual needs.” Watch Video Here.
Basketball Australias strength and conditioning coach Brent Gorris “the quality is excellent and backs up after 14 days of solid use on our training camps. We primarily use the PTP products for our warm up and pre game prep and to complement our strength training. The equipment is incredibly versatile.” Watch Video Here.
Kathy Mitchell Head Physiotherapist for Softball Australia says “It has been great seeing our athletes use their PTP gear on tour. The team have made use of rollers, bands and trigger balls in many settings - pre-game warm up, recovery and rehab. Equipment works perfectly for the intended purpose and is great for travel being compact and in a slick carry bag.”
We would also like to congratulate the ladies team for their amazing victory in the world cup series!
- Strength and Conditioning: This component focuses on building muscular strength, power, and endurance. It involves weight training, resistance exercises, plyometrics, and other activities aimed at improving physical performance and preventing injuries.
- Cardiovascular Conditioning: Endurance is crucial in many sports, so cardiovascular training plays a vital role. This includes activities like running, cycling, swimming, or specific sport-related conditioning drills to improve aerobic and anaerobic capacity.
- Speed and Agility Training: Sports teams often incorporate speed and agility exercises to enhance quickness, acceleration, deceleration, change of direction, and overall agility. This may involve sprint training, ladder drills, cone drills, and sport-specific agility exercises.
- Flexibility and Mobility: Stretching exercises and mobility drills are essential for maintaining flexibility, preventing injuries, and improving range of motion. These may include static stretching, dynamic stretching, yoga, or targeted mobility exercises.
- Skill Development: Alongside physical conditioning, sports teams allocate time for skill development specific to their sport. This involves practicing sport-specific techniques, tactics, game strategies, and individual and team drills.
- Sports-Specific Training: Teams focus on activities that mimic the demands of their sport. For example, soccer teams may emphasise passing, shooting, and positioning drills, while basketball teams may work on shooting accuracy, dribbling skills, and defensive strategies.
- Recovery and Rest: Adequate recovery and rest periods are crucial for athletes' overall performance and injury prevention. Proper sleep, nutrition, hydration, and active recovery techniques like massage, ice baths, and foam rolling are incorporated into the training schedule.
Sports teams and professional athletes have dedicated strength and conditioning coaches, sports scientists, physiotherapists, and medical staff who work together to design and implement effective training programs. Each athlete will have specific focus areas and will receive a customised training schedule to meet those needs! PTP is a proud partner to many elite athletes on their journey to peak performance.